Sunday 19 June 2011

Tote Bag with Zip

I already have a tote bag this size but I wanted one with a zip so that on our upcoming trip to the US I can be assured that nothing will fall out of my bag when on the plane.
Front
Back

I did a few google searches and found this tutorial. Made a few little changes, some intentional, some not, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Next time I'm not sure I'll bother with the inside pockets...will see if they're useful on our trip.

In the spirit of using Japanese fabric I sewed most of this project with my machine on the floor!! Really need to work out where to do my sewing without having to pack up after each session.

Also need to spend a bit more time in the garden so I can find some nice places to take photos :)

Well, this time next week we'll be in Washington DC for my brother's wedding. In the meantime I need to sew a shirt for my brother's birthday (that was 2 months ago - better late than never I say). Hopefully I get enough time to sew a shirt for Harry to wear to the wedding. Might be a few late nights coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment