Tuesday 25 October 2011

HCFC

I discovered KCWC (Kids Clothes Week Challenge) too late so I have decided to do my own "Harry Clothes Fortnight Challenge". It started off pretty well with these shorts.
I merged this MADE pattern with a draft of some shorts of Harry's that I like. The first 2 pairs turned out 3/4 length which is cute but I thought I should tweak the pattern a little more to make them nice and short for summer.

Next up was a reversible bucket hat. I used the Little Things to Sew pattern again but made the brim a little broader to account for the QLD heat and his pasty white genes.
I made a medium for him and it's a little big but I guess he'll grow into it. Might try to make a small in the meantime.
After that we both got sick so in the last few days all I have achieved is 15 minutes of thrifting. But that 15 minutes saved me at least $15 which means at least 1.5 metres of fabric :)
All I did was cut off the long sleeve part of three t-shirts. The best outcome I've had with knits so far!!
 Speaking of knits, I have had a few more attempts and finally bought a t-shirt pattern. I have cut it out and it's sitting there waiting for me to sew it together. Fingers crossed he can wear the finished product in public!

More soon with Part 2 of HCFC...

No comments:

Post a Comment