Friday 21 October 2011

I Made a Quilt!

Harry gained another cousin a couple of weeks ago. She is a perfect little baby and I think her parents must be smitten :) When I found out this cousin was on their way I decided it was time to make my first quilt. I looked around for a good gender neutral collection for ages and when Little Apples appeared I knew it would be perfect. Eventually it hit the shops and I grabbed some precuts. I had decided to find a fairly forgiving design for my first quilt and google lead me to this charm square baby quilt.
I made a simple pieced backing because the Little Apples yardage wasn't available at the time.
When I first decided I needed to make a quilt I stumbled across this blog which I learnt a lot from. This other lovely blogger inspired me time after time and I was sold on the simple but effective straight line quilting and stripy binding.
Overall I enjoyed the process of making the quilt. It took me quite a while but when I laid eyes on the brand new bundle of sweetness that was to be the recipient it felt like time well spent :)

So that her big sister didn't feel left out I made a small doll quilt for her. I threw this together quite quickly (and it shows!) but I'm hoping 3 year olds aren't too bothered if corners don't match up!
 I've been busy making a few things for Harry for summer so there should be another post on it's way soon...

1 comment:

  1. Good thing it was neutral. We thought 'She' was going to be a 'He'

    ReplyDelete