Sunday 9 October 2011

Productive Procrastinating

One of Harry's Aunties asked me to take a little bit of the 90's out of this dress:
I said I would and then avoided touching it for as long as possible. With the deadline approaching I drew up a trusty timetable to make sure I got it and some other things done....I then began a completely new project....oops.

Finally I got the courage to hack into her dress and it ended up working out okay.
Oh, and I whipped up this gathered clutch for her birthday last weekend:
So the positive outcome for me with all this procrastinating is that I made this Lisette Portfolio Tunic (with pockets!!):
Just need to hem it.
Cute buttons:
I spent a lot of time working out pretty seam finishes because I don't have any black overlocking thread and it's a trial run for using some nice fabric for making the shorter top version for a wedding.
So I did some french seams which worked out really nicely once I got my head around the pockets:
Clean Finish Edges:
Flat felled seams:
And some ugly sewing machine overlocking that's hidden in the sleeve cuff that you don't need to see.

I'm planning to wear version 2 next Saturday night so I'd better get started....but I also want to make Harry a new hat....and maybe some shorts....must go draw up a timetable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment